Many thanks for all the answers.

> History and transparent handling of multiline statements are available in the
> work version of lua.c at http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/lua/work/ .
> See my lua-l posting of Nov 22 for details.
I'm sorry, I had missed this one... (msg 6474) (I'm glad I asked anyway!)
The "transparent handling" works fine, but I can't get the history nor
the ling edigin running. It's sure due to my ignorance in source compilation.
Where should I add this  gcc option : -DUSE_READLINE when recompiling all
the source ? Or how can I recompile only lua.c ? I know it might be obvious...
--
Again, is it planned to add the UNIX shortcuts (\C-a, \C-e, etc.) in lua.c in
the future ?

> This versions includes one shortcuts: "=" for "return" and in this case it
> prints the values returned. Great to use Lua as a calculator or debugger.
Yes indeed : really great!

Best regards
Stephane