I just thought i would let you guys know that I submitted a Lua port to
FreeBSD for inclusion in the ports collection.

This just basically means that anyone can go in to /usr/ports/devel/lua and
type 'make install', and it will automatically download Lua from lua.org,
build it and install it. A binary package made from the sources will also be
made available for pkg_add.

I will be maintaing this port as Lua versions come out. When the port gets
commited, I will sondiering updating it to use Lua 4.1 instead, we will see :)

Note, for the Lua folks, this doesn't imply ownership of Lua by anyone but
tecgraf :) It just makes installing Lua on FreeBSD very very simple and
straightforward, as well as giving a standard uninstall interface.

Matt