Jay Carlson wrote:

> Look, I haven't made up my mind yet about unified methods.  They
> offer a lot of nice features that seem useful in day-to-day
> programming.  But it's a significant enough change that I need to
> think about it, a lot---because it *is* an interesting and thoughtful
> proposal.

Actually unified methods doesn't offer many features at all.  It's just
taking Lua's internal tag method system an exposing it as tables (this is
why Edgar was shocked by your comment about everything-as-tables).  Lua's
tag method interface is spotty and hard to follow, so unified methods just
make you think you're getting a whole lot more.  It's an illusion.

-John