"Martin Spernau" <martin@traumwind.de> writes:

> 2) is there a big difference in using expat as parser to using plain Lua?
> Maybe one should try and make some tests...

Well, I grabbed Roberto's parser and modified it to fit the LxpTree
interface.  With a few extensions it seems to be handling XML-RPC servers
well enough.  It's a long way away from full XML conformance however, so I'd
recommend that you only use it when there's no way you can use the real
parser in Lxp.

http://www.place.org/~nop/lxptree-roberto.lua

I'll ship it in the next rev of Lua XML-RPC.  I'll probably make it a
fallback when running in non-Lxp interpreters, possibly with a warning.  It
will have the nice feature of allowing CGI-based XML-RPC servers running in
the standard lua executable; you'll still need LuaSocket for clients unless
I get silly and enable my /usr/bin/POST or /usr/bin/lynx -post hacks....

Oh yes, Luiz suggested I should put up a web page with pointers to my Lua
tools.  http://www.place.org/~nop/lua/ .  I'll try to keep it updated.

Jay