Hi,
Since the issue of licensing has raised I'd just like to check that the Lua
license is compatible with the LGPL license. I think VisLua will be LGPL
providing the other contributors agree and it is compatible.
LGPL: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lgpl.html

I get the impression that noone knows whether they a really compatible! :-)
However, as long as Lua's license is not breached, broadly speaking: you give
the authors credit, leave existing copyright and license notices, and say if
you modified anything, everything is okay.
Lua license: http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/lua/copyright.html

Are there any licenses (ie. other than LGPL) that the authors prefer?

John Belmonte has already delved into the problem a little on the wiki:
http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaLicense

Regards,
Nick

---
History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.
 - Napoleon Bonaparte

This email transmission and the information contained herein or attached
hereto is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed

Any review, transmission, disclosure, distribution, copying, dissemination
or other use of, or taking of action in reliance upon, this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please contact Video
System Ltd. at mailerror@videosystem.co.uk and delete the material from any
computer.

Video System Ltd. +44 (0)161 955 4402