[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: wxLua - X platform debugger
- From: "Nick Trout" <nick@...>
- Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:27:01 -0000
> wxLua is a blending of the wxWindows GUI classes and the Lua programming
I noticed you have an empty titmouse directory in your wxLua project so I
assume you have been using this debugging. It would be really nice if there
was a cross platform debugger. Houston is GTK and I think Titmouse is Windows
API. wxWindows is more portable (and more powerful) than FLTK so I think this
would be a better choice as a windows library.
First thoughts are:
* Make wxLua a dynamic library.
* Make a debugger/tracer/profiler/watch etc tool which is a dynamic library,
statically linked to wxLua for its GUI.
* Both of the above useable using the "loadlib" library so any Lua application
could be easily modified to use the debugger.
Another scenario, which I am considering for Doris is to have a Lua "debug
server" which you can connect to using TCP/IP (either through luarpc or
luasocket) and you can interrogate and debug your Lua state through this. This
would be more complicated but you could debug Lua remotely and I hope games
writers can see the advantage here.
How about we set a project up on SourceForge and get this working? I'm
interested in any ideas people have.