On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 03:25:19PM +1100, Gary Makin wrote:
> I've been converting a project over to support Unicode as much as possible.
> I've just got to the Lua section of it, and I was surprised to see that, as
> far as I can tell, the Lua code has no support for being passed a Unicode
> block of text, or to execute code that's in a Unicode formatted text file.
>
> Am I wrong in this, and if not, is this something that's planned for the
> future?

I have had a quick peek at the lua 4.1 sources (alpha, not beta) and it
seems to have L_CHAR as a possible define which if set to wchar might go
some way towards it. You may also have to define l_s(x) as L##x (assuming x
is a ""ed string) and there will be something similar to do with l_c(x) I
assume.

You may also need to define uchar(c) (how to unsign such a char)

Hope this helps,

Daniel

--
Daniel Silverstone                               http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler          Digital-Scurf Unlimited