On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 08:40:01PM -0300, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

> In 4.1, you have loadfile and loadbuffer leave precompiled stuff in the stack.
> If you want the exact binary representation used by luac, use ldumplib.c in
> src/luac.

In what form does this leave the code on the stack? -- loadfile/buffer seems
to leave a Closure* and the ldumplib is doing something odd with luaM_buffer
or something.

> strip in luac.c does not care about freeing, because luac is a standalone
> program. If you copy the code of strip into your application unchanged, it
> will leak memory. To fix this, add these lines at the beginning of strip:
>   luaM_freearray(L, f->lineinfo, f->sizelineinfo, int);
>   luaM_freearray(L, f->locvars, f->sizelocvars, struct LocVar);

Cool -- this looks exactly like what I was after.

You're a star.

Thanks

Daniel

--
Daniel Silverstone                               http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler          Digital-Scurf Unlimited