nerurin@hotmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has implemented the APIs using ADO to access data from a Excel workbook file (.xls) file.

I think you can also use ODBC to get the contents of xls files if you have the XLS driver installed (it comes with several MS products, like Office, VB, VC++ etc.).

You can use ODBC from Lua either using LuaSQL which has been published some time ago on the list or my simple_db for Lua which I use for SQL data manipulation (you will find it at http://www.xtgsystems.com/lua/).

Roman