I spent some time tonight getting Lua 4.1 alpha properly
packaged up for Debian since there was a RFP (Request for
Packaging) submitted to the debian bug tracking system.

I have now uploaded the six packages to ftp-master.debian.org
so in a few days we should see it enter Debian/unstable

If people want to play:
   http://people.debian.org/~dsilvers/
contains the .orig.tar.gz (lua-4.1-alpha) and the
diff.gz and .dsc (all you need to build a debian package yourself)

It also contains all the .i386 deb files if you're using debian
on an i386 :)

For now, report problems/bugs direct to me, otherwise happy prodding.

Once the packages are in debian, using bugs.debian.org is a more useful
thing to do :)

I'll let the list know once it's official, but here's to Lua finally
making it into a widely used Linux Distribution.

--
Daniel Silverstone                               http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler          Digital-Scurf Unlimited