> There is also an updated book by the authors of the dragon book called
> compilers principles, techniques, and tools. It is quite exhaustive.

Since this is really a second edition of the first Dragon book, and also has
a dragon on the front, and was published in 1986 (i.e. long ago enough that
most people don't worry about the difference), I think this is what most
people now mean by "the Dragon book".

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/
Reality is what refuses to disappear when you stop believing in it (Dick)