Except in Amped's case, running a garbage collection costs 60+
milliseconds.  That's EVERY garbage collection.  There isn't THAT much
data to warrant that kind of time, but it does make sense when each data
hit will likely be a memory cache miss, due to locality.

const data would be an interesting solution to the problem.  I wonder
what it would take to implement it...

Thanks,
Joshua Jensen
Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding