Jay Carlson wrote:
> I looked at sol a little a while ago; I was impressed.  I'm a
> little worried about how far it is away from straight lua, but
> that's more a political/social issue than a technical concern.

I disagree, in most cases it is a technical concern.  Lua is continually
being improved.  If you're using a distant fork that is not tracking those
improvements, then you'll either miss out on the advances or have to apply
substantial effort to track them yourself.  That's why I encourage localized
patches that change as little code as possible.

-John