> * Lua is an embedded language, and so code is not generally portable.  This
> limits the effectiveness of exchanging sample code.

Since I've only been with Lua for a week I can say that I disagree with that
last part.

As a new Lua person I want to see ANY Lua code, I don't care what it does.  I
can learn things from seeing it and extracting the parts I need.

I've followed every Lua link that I could find, but having well indexed
repository would be far less time consuming, especially considering that 50%
of the links did not lead to Lua source code, or where just simply dead links
(Links from web searches, not all from Lua.org).

--
For information on any of the following check out my WEB site at:
                   http://www.csonline.net/bpaddock/