Bob,

Are you trying to mix C++ and C?  One of the things I had to do with C++ Builder was to wrap the
#include "lua.h" statements in my source with:

extern "C" {
#include "lua.h"
}

Also I built the libs from the source, and just to keep everything the same with my project I specified using
"stdcall" as the calling convention.

Hope this helps

Terry