Hi,

Several who have tried to use Lua for real-time programs have stated
as one of Lua's "short commings", it's garabge collection cycle. This
cycle could happen at any time and could lead to noticable "blips"
during program execution.

My question is, for those who have come up against this, how long
have you found Lua's GC cycle to take? Fractions of a second? Seconds?

My Lua programs are all quite small thus far, but I'm curious, as
they get bigger and more complex, what kind of "blips" I can expect.

Also, is it ok to set the GC threshold very high, so Lua will never
perform a GC cycle, then set the threshold to zero('0') to forces a
GC cycle, then reset it to very high?

Thanks,
David