For those who share this sentiment, now expressed by several list members,
I'd like to suggest a great service: www.sneakemail.com

You can create special one-time-use email forwarding addresses. Then, if
anyone spams you - you know who it was, and you can just shut off that
forwarding label. Plus, it's free.

I've used this service for months now to protect my private home address,
and I can't recommend it enough.

Eric

PS. If you really hate spam, you can also try spamcop.net