>I too would unsubscribe if ads were to appear.
>
>Philippe Lhoste mentioned ads in HTML formatted messages.
>I'm not sure what this means in practice, but I would also
>unsubscribe if I started receiving HTML.

To receive HTML messages you have to say so explicitly and for this you need
an Yahoo ID. If you never use the web interface, you'll never get either ads
or HTML messages.

Mind you, I'm not a fan or otherwise of Yahoo Groups. It's just that there
is a Lua list there already (with some 150 subscribers that are NOT in our
list here) and I want to minimize noise.

I understand the concerns about ads and about the lifetime of Yahoo Groups.
If Yahoo Groups dies or becomes inconvenient, we'll find some other solution.
--lhf