On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 07:42:32PM -0300, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

> So, to repeat: A move to Yahoo will not imply that you'll need to read lua-l
> at Yahoo via web or that you'd only get digests. Hopefully, it will be just
> like it is today.

Would we need to re-register? And will we need yahoo accounts if we
don't want things like the web interface or digests?

> >Would it not be possible to run a majordomo based list or similar?
>
> The problem with listserv/listproc/majordomo is that they deliver postings
> very slowly (they do a single sendmail process, which then delivers messages
> one by one; it takes *hours* for a large list such as lua-l, which has 340
> subscribers at TeCGraf and 160 at Yahoo). The current list server that I wrote
> uses a sendmail process for each 3 subscribers and is very fast for this reason.

Seems Odd, but I shall accept your knowledge on this since I know
nothing of majordomo etc :)

> I don't have any special reason for choosing Yahoo except that there is a
> lua-l list already there. This is the least noise solution.

Will the @tecgraf address still work?

Not withstanding, I am now (thanks to David Jeske) a lot less worried
about the move to Yahoo - Indeed, if it is best for the lua community,
then I suppose I might have to bite the bullet and use IE if I need to
use the site :)

Regards,

Daniel

--
Daniel Silverstone                               http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler          Digital-Scurf Unlimited