Another project that will use LUA.  (and please wish me luck).

I've recently started work on Computer Aided Manufacturing
software for PCB manufacturers.  Such software needs some
kind of scripting language and I didn't want to spend months
of my time creating my own (crappy) language.

So, I searched for scripting languages on the Web.  Python
seemed promising until I downloaded it.  It's so *BIG*.
I looked briefly at TCL, but I don't want to force that
syntax on purchasers of my software.

LUA immediately attracted me for its small size, ease of
integration, and 'standard' syntax.  I'm sure that anyone who
can program in any language can easily program in LUA.
I was also quite pleased when the LUA source code
compiled without errors or warnings and worked first time.

I haven't yet decided at what level to integrate LUA into
my software.  My current idea is to have all user input
(possibly even mouse clicks) generate a call to a LUA
function.  The result could be a 100% user programmable
CAM system.  I'm too close to the bottom of the learning
curve to know what will be possible in the time available.

Anyway, keep up the good work.  I agree with Nick Trout
who wrote "[...] Lua is a better choice, more so as it improves
and if it sticks to its current goals."

For my purposes, I don't need any fancy features, just a
nice, sensible, easy to use programming language.  The
current goals that are important to me are:-
    - Small code size
    - Small programming manual (for me as well as my users)
    - Ease of integration
    - Ease of use generally

Steve.