----- Original Message -----
> So, given that most of you seem to be convinced that Lua can boost
> productivity, maybe someone is willing to share some examples where this
> is evident?  I am sure there are clever uses of tables and closures that
> I just don't see yet.  Maybe one could compile a page of "33 situations
> where Lua can beat C with one hand tied behind its back"? :-)

Well I dont have time for 33 - but I can start.

1. The best thing Lua will do for you is giving you the power to create
flexible programs. You can create programs that are easy to customize.
Instead of have multiply .EXE files for several different customers you can
keep the customer difference in Lua.

2. A quick 'n dirty thing that Lua is great for is config-files. Use a lua
source file as your config file and simply let lua parse the file for you.
You can even use Lua to save your config again. Look at the save.lua for a
example.

3. Import parsing in general.. There are some great hack for easy ascii
import and parsing.

4. Keeping track of complex ever changing data structures in C is a pain,
use Lua to manage your data.

And many more...

/Erik