Eric Ries wrote:

> I am a little confused. I thought coroutines were going to be part of the
> 4.1 release?

Coroutines cannot be implemented in ANSI C (at least not for Lua).

> If not, I'll give the CORO library a shot, and see what I can
> get it to do.

Well, it will not help a lot.  The corolib only supports X86 Linux and
FreeBSD.  I never got any patches for other architectures.

> Has anyone had any luck running it on Windows either under Cygwin or MSVC++?

Peter Wang sent me a patch for djgpp (basically s/mmap/malloc/) but the
build requires unix tools (sh, sed, ...).  He mentions that it also compiles
with Mingw32 (whatever that is *g*).  I did not made a new version of
libcoro with his patch yet.  (It's becoming silly: only 3 arches supported,
all X86, and the diffs are basically only 2-4 lines.)

If you want to play with coroutines with the Lua-4.1 snapshot you may
be better off with the scorolib.c from Sol (requires changes, Sol API
is different!).  But you get the basic Lua framework...

Ciao, ET.