>    Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 04:33:56 -0000
>    From: "Denis Lamarche" <brainwav@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Using the lua Dll's
>
> Hi, im trying to get lua to work with my compiler, but evry time I
> compile/link it tells me that theres an undefined reference
> to lua_open and
> other lua functions.  I have the lua dll's, lib's and def
> files as well as
> all the include's.
>
> Do I need to import something from the dll's?  I am linking
> the .lib files
> to my program.  I know this is not the best place to ask this
> question, but
> I dont know where else to go.
>
> I am using ming32 for windows (a Windows port of Gcc, I
> think) and Dev-C++
> as an IDE.
>
> Any help will be apreciated.
>
> Denis Lamarche

As far as I know, mingw does not link to microsoft's .lib files. You have to
build the libs liblua.a and liblualib.a yourself using mingw. This will
allow you to *statically* link your application to the lua libs. If you
really need or want to use the dll, maybe someone else can help you 'cause I
don't know how to do it (but will love to learn).

Andre de Leiradella