>Aha, so a coroutine would be a lua_newthread call, tied to some C glue
>code as closure, and returned to the original context as callable
>userdata.  Very nice.

Possibily, but there might be other solutions.
We think that coroutines in Lua should be provided by a Lua *library*.

>Is anyone doing this, or are you looking for a volunteer?

We, the Lua team, are not doing this right now, but we may do until 4.1 is out.

For the time being, perhaps the easiest thing would be to use Edgar Toernig's
coroutine library as a test. It would be great if someone out there did this.
See "coro" at http://lecker.essen.de/~froese/ .
--lhf