Steve Williams wrote:
> Th AI in RTS games is not usually executed every frame.  The AI is
generally
> updated every ten frames or so or spread out over a couple of frames.  So
> it's still real-time, but a slower form of real-time.

Hi,

Steve Dekorte's original post was specifically talking about updating every
frame / every other frame.

In an RTS with "background AI" like you mentioned, if the AI stalls for a
frame or so for a gc cycle it's no big deal.  That's different from a
real-time system with hard deadlines which is the case with my project, and
possibly what Steve meant by "high-performance app".

The good news is that while this may be a place Lua can't go right now, it's
mainly a limitation of the implementation rather than the spec.

-John