Actually, as I was typing the various responses I think I came to
essentially the same conclusion: leave Lua alone. I think you are right that
what I was proposing was basically a different kind of language. I have
thought that a Scheme without the parens might be kind of interesting. But
Lua is something different and probably better for it.