I'm not sure if this means "a lua compiler written in lua" or "expose the
lua compiler TO lua". I'm working on the latter, where in lua code you could
pass in a [[string]] containing code or a filename and get back a string
that is a compiled bunch of code, which could be stored to a file or
executed with dobuffer. I think others are doing this as well. There has
been some discussion about it in recent days, I think.