>The domain names lua.com, lua.org, and lua.net are all taken.

Yes, they are taken, but last time I checked not all of them were in use,
in the sense that there was no real site at the address.
I think they're looking for a buyer.
I tried to get a price for one of them but I couldn't (either the web form
did not work, or my email was not answered, I don't remember).

>Money probably isn't the issue here.  One can register domains name for very
>cheap these days.  But if money does matter, I and I'm sure others would be
>happy to chip in a few bucks to help purchase a domain name.

It would be great if you could find out what is for sale and exactly how much
that would cost. Perhaps this is easier for people in North America than for
us here.

Thanks for your help.
--lhf