> Just out of curiosity, why aren't you
> guys using Lua.org for your main URL?
> I've noticed that a simple check of
> "some opensource project".org results
> in the right home page. Seems the same
> should work for Lua?

The domain names lua.com, lua.org, and lua.net are all taken.  The .org and
.net domains are currently owned by "domain name speculators" who will
likely charge a premium to release the domain name.  Yet another reason to
hate domain name speculators.

Maybe some mutation like "lualang.com" would work, but it would be less
intuitive.

Money probably isn't the issue here.  One can register domains name for very
cheap these days.  But if money does matter, I and I'm sure others would be
happy to chip in a few bucks to help purchase a domain name.