Is the built-in Lua parser recursive descent? The reason I ask is that I ran
into trouble with my EPOC port with it running out of stack space (stack
size 8Kb) on a very small (incorrect) program:

function f() local f = function() x end end

(x is not defined)

My port can parse moderately-sized programs with no trouble; the problem
seems to be that when an error is detected like this, a lot of nested
function calls are made, several of which have fairly large stack frames.

I suppose that for the execution of Lua programs, 4.1's stacklessness will
help me, but will the parser change?

For now, I've just bumped the stack up to 16Kb; I'm not sure what is really
needed (any hints?).

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/
L'art des vers est de transformer en beautés les faiblesses (Aragon)