>   lua_pop(p_pCLuaState, l_nArguments);

There is no need for this: when a C function returns, Lua runtime handles this.
Normally, you only need to call lua_pop in more complicated situations,
such as loops in C functions that call Lua and leave garbage behind (ie, where
in 3.2 you'd use begin/endblock).

>   pCLuaState = lua_open(LUA_MINSTACK);

Try lua_open(0) instead of lua_open(LUA_MINSTACK). LUA_MINSTACK is NOT the
default stack size, it's the minimum stack space guaranteed to be available
for a C function. Perhaps you're overflowing the stack.

>I thought the first call to ImportSystem() while the script runs could register
>the functions the are used below.

It should. See below for a simple example that works.
--lhf

/*
* min.c
* a minimal Lua interpreter. loads stdin only.
* no standard library, only a "print" function.
*/

#include <stdio.h>
#include "lua.h"

/* a simple "print". based on the code in lbaselib.c */
static int print(lua_State *L)
{
 int n=lua_gettop(L);
 int i;
 for (i=1; i<=n; i++)
 {
  if (i>1) printf("\t");
  if (lua_isstring(L,i))
   printf("%s",lua_tostring(L,i));
  else
   printf("%s:%p",lua_typename(L,lua_type(L,i)),lua_topointer(L,i));
 }
 printf("\n");
 return 0;
}

static int load(lua_State *L)
{
 lua_register(L,"print",print);
 return 0;
}

int main(void)
{
 lua_State *L=lua_open(0);
 lua_register(L,"load",load);
 lua_dostring(L,"load();print(load,print,'lua',{})");
 return 0;
}