>  I am looking for a Lua 3.1 extension for sockets that runs on
> Windows. The Luasock seems to be for UNIX and LuaSocket for Lua 3.2
> (or Lua 4.0).

Hi, the file http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~diego/luasocket/old.zip
contains an old version of luasocket which was created for Lua 3.2 NG, a
modified Lua 3.2 that was already thread safe. Just take the files and
modify them to remove the leading lua_State variable from the Lua API
calls. I believe this is the only thing that has to be changed from 3.2
NG back to 3.1. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,
Diego Nehab.