Hi.

As mentioned, there has been previous discussions about this subject
in the past. There is basicly 2 approaches to the problem.

The first one is making lua stackless (i.e: non-recursive on lua->lua
calls) which works nice but involves some changes within the Lua
source code to accomplish. It's a little more work but it's cross-
platform.

The second option is to use a coroutine (sort of like threads) based
system from which you can interrupt lua's execution with special
commands like "Sleep" or "Suspend". Depending on the needs, this
implementation can be coded with no (or very little) modifications to
lua. Unfortunateley, since in implies creating threads, it tends to
be platform dependant (i'v posted snippits from my implementation a
few days ago and it does require 1 line of inline assembly code to
change the CPU stack pointer).

Also, as for searching through the archives, i'm subscribed to the
mailing list through www.egroups.com which allows searches through
the mailing list... This way it might be easier for you to locate
specific threads.

Hope i was of any help,
  Sebastien St-Laurent
  sebby@z-axis.com