I'm looking to compile an entirely floating point lua and have started
with LUA_NUM_TYPE=float and then progressed to replacing cases of double
within the rest of the code.  Conversion from float to integer and integer
to float both cause some concern as large int's will become
innacurate.  This behaviour is used in some of the Hashing code and I am
reluctant to go on from here as I don't wish to rewrite large portions of
the lua code and even if I do I'm likely to make mistakes.  Has anyone
else tried to create a non-double lua system?

Thanks

Jonathan.