At 10:11 -0200 on 03-11-00, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

 >calling error() in the linehook is not aborting anything.

The manual says so:

  A hook cannot call lua_error. It must return to Lua through a regular
  return. (There is no problem if the error is inside a chunk or a Lua
  function called by the hook, because those errors are protected; the
  control returns to the hook anyway.)

 >Are there other solutions?

Perhaps setting a global flag and testing it in the script?
--lhf

I'd prefer not having to test a flag explicitly in my script. I think it would have been nicer if my linehook could set a flag at the C level, and (if possible) have the Lua VM test this flag ...

I cannot use exit(), since that seems to abort my entire Mac application. I only want to abort the running script.

/Jon

Jon Kleiser / ADB ekstern / USIT / University of Oslo / Norway
Mail: Jon.Kleiser@usit.uio.no / Tel: +47-22 85 28 04 / Fax: +47-22 85 29 70