Thank you very much for your replies.
I will try to test it as soon as i go home.

What is the *.exp files and how can i use them in
conjuction with the
DLLs (there are in the dll directory in the Lua 3.2
source code)?

what is the best way ? Should i use the DLLs or the
LIB files ?and
why ?

Anyway if i try to compile the whole stuff under VC5,
which order
should i follow (compiler & linker parameters) since
the
original "makefile" doesnt work correctly under VC++.

thanx in advance
With respect
George

--- In lua-l@egroups.com, "Dirk Ringe"
<dirk.ringe@g...> wrote:
> I think you are compiling a C++ program. Lua is
written for C so
you have to
> do the following
>
> extern "C" {
> #include "lua.h"
> }
>
> main ()
> {
> 	lua_open ();
> 	lua_close ();
> }
>
> Dirk

Papaioannou
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. November 2000 16:17
> An: Multiple recipients of list
> Betreff: Visual C++ ver 5 Link Error
>

> When I try to compile a win32 app
> with lua embedded in it I get the error message
{unresolved
external symbol
> "void __cdecl lua_open(void)} in Linking stage
>

> All I do is that in win32 console app:
>
> #include "lua.h"
>
> main()
> {
>   lua_open();
>   lua_close();
> }
>
> and declaring the lua.lib in the settings/link tab.
>

> what's wrong ?
>
> Can I use the DLL files instead ?
>
> PS: I am new in the Visual C but I have a great
experience in
Dos/Pascal

(http://www.grisoft.com).
Date: 7/8/2000