> The manual says:
>
>  The non-terminal exp1 is used to indicate that the values
>  returned by an expression must be adjusted to one single value.

Thanks. This is the sort of thing that would be much helped by a better
index (the 4.0b one is still disastrously bad because it's not in
alphabetical order; the 3.2 one was merely dire).

What's the problem with indexing? (Apart from having more entries: a good
index is almost as good as a FAQ, and it's a good reflex to think "what
index entry could have saved that question?" just as much as "should I add
that to a FAQ?".)

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | certain, a.  insufficiently analysed