In message <Pine.A41.4.21.0010091015090.25064-100000@cizeta.lcg.dc.ufc.br> you wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Reuben Thomas wrote:
>
> > These are both good points, although I'm not sure that books will remain
> > for much longer a major source of information on programming languages,
> > and electronic editions are much easier to keep up to date. Besides, one
> > of the nice things about Lua is precisely that (if you're already a
> > programmer) you can learn it quite happily from the manual.
>
> Hallo,
> 	I don't know if it's just me, but I hate to read for a long time
> on-line. I spend lots of money printing manuals (Lua's inclusive) and
> sometimes buying a good book. I'm one of those people who believe paper
> will never disappear.

Snap.   I have a lot of OS documentation in PDF format, which is actually
more up-to-date than the 5 fat volumes in paper format, but I still
prefer the paper ones... When the computer is sat then with a post mortem
of a crash; loading a PDF viewer isn't really helpful ;-)

Cheers
--
Rob Kendrick, Kiwi Software (UK)
http://www.kiwisoft.co.uk/