----- Original Message -----
> I thought WatCom was the compiler with this little message I saw when
launching
> Duke3D, Descent, DooM, Dark Forces, Command & Conquer, .......saying
"DOS/4GW
> Professional Protected Runtime"
> Now I see them saying WatCom only supports 16 bit Windows and DOS
applications ?
> Protected Mode is clearly 32 bit only and I've seen Screenshots of a Win95
WatCom
> IDE, so what are we going to get there ?

Watcom has the following targets:

Dos 16
Dos 32
Windows 16
Windows386 (Watcom extender for win16)
Win32
AutoCAD
Novell
QNX

Watcom can create protected mode dos programs (32bit) and with the 4GW
engine. .. So yes many of the games where created with Watcom - some of them
also with djgpp (where 4GW also worked!)

/Erik