----- Original Message -----
From: Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
To: Multiple recipients of list <lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: foreach...

> >Just a thought... Now that Lua has "for" loop, wouldn't it be nice
> >if they could be used in a manner similar to (or even instead of)
> >foreach() and foreachi()?
>
> Lua 4.0 will have "for" for tables in the form
> for i,v in t do
> end
> --lhf

Wonderful :)

That's not in the current reference manual for 4.0, is it? Is there a list
of these changes (like -- no lables, table "for" loops...) from the
manual somewhere? (As I am working on a parser, it would be
nice to use the 4.0 syntax, and not the 4.0a stuff which is no longer
valid...)

--

  Magnus Lie Hetland      (magnus at hetland dot org)

 "Reality is what refuses to disappear when you stop
  believing in it"                 -- Philip K. Dick