Just to clarify this quote a little more.  I remember making
the quote, just not when...

I do still use Lua (it is central to our real-time cinematics
system here) and I still prefer Lua to C++ in general.  I pretty
much prefer anything (including ANSI C when possible) to C++.
Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, one still finds cases
where C++ is the most non-square peg for a round hole.

Has Luiz has said, no flame wars please.

Paul