Hi

>>Is there any planned support for hexadecimal values for the Lua
>>language?
>No plans.
If someone need it, I can post my changes to the Lua parser to support
hexadecimal (and other bases) values. (But it need to be improved)

>>it would be nice to have support for this built-in.)
> Why? "Efficiency"?
Yes. I tested the speed of hex values months ago and IIRC the hex
constants are twice faster than the function X(s) return tonumber(s,16)
end. Bytecode is a little bit smaller and should compensate for the Lua
executable growth.

Bye
Mauro