>  Wed, 2 Aug 2000 08:32:20 -0300 (EST)
>  Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>
>  >From lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br  Wed Aug  2 06:35:56 2000
>  >From: erik@hougaard.com (Erik Hougaard)
>  >
>  >What about the secret gui they have at tecgraf ??
>
>  The GUI toolkit developed at TeCGraf is not secret: t is called IUP and has
>  been described in a paper in SPE. However, it's not yet available for
>  downloading; up to recently, it was proprietary software, but we now have
>  been told that the contractor does not mind us putting it on the web. It will
>  be a while until it is though.

I had  a look at the  portuguese  pages, it  has really nice concepts,
especially the  lua binding is cool.   We possibly  could wait for it.
The  drawback possibly is  that on UNIX, it relies  on Motif, which is
not that portable. Did  you try LessTif, and are  there ports to gtk ?
Will there be an  OpenGL widget ?

Juergen