Hello,

I have some userdata that is normally accessible in the same way
as a table.  I.e., there are set/gettable tag methods as well as next,
foreach, and foreachi replacements.

To simplify the assignment to fields in the userdata data structure
I have a setglobal tag method that accepts only tables and sets does
the individual settable assignments foreach item in the right-hand-side
table.

However, this becomes a problem when the variable holding the userdata
is a local.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I am unaware of any
"setlocal" tag method or a "locals" table.

thanks,

ajk