>Lua when it only handles one number type. One of the main reasons
>for this is so it can handle 32 bit colour values but there are
>several ways I can get around this using a tagged type or wrap a C
>function to set colour from a Lua tuple.

I also thought about such things. I thought about developing a small
graphics lib for lua. There are preprocessor defines in header files like:

#define WHITE 0xFFFFFF
#define BLACK 0x000000

If I would use the lib, I think I should make real variables (floats or
better strings) from them, because otherwise a lua script, which uses the
lib would not know about them, if I would just use $defines for them on
the lua side.

There are so much libs. How is this handled e.g. in the IUP binding for
Lua?

Martin