The downside to this is ofcause performance and the problem with
dertermining the cpu time for a function... Lua will never be "real-time". I
have a very good example.. I buildt a robot that used Lua for the AI... And
I had to stop the robot at some specific times when Lua did
garbage-collection. If I kept it running while the garbage collection took
place the robot might drive off-course in the 1/3 of a second it took to do
it.
Does Lua do garbage collection at arbitrary intervals (eg. when it decides gc is appropriate) or must lua_garbagecollect(sp?) be called explicitly? I need Lua for realtime.