> Sorry to ask a manual question. What confuses me is that Waldemar Celes
> created buffer APIs for glLua. Why do this if you can use strings as
> buffers?
>
> Waldemar?

I am considering to use string, instead of a special C type,
but I am still not sure that's the best choice.

I decided to use a special type because I have to provide special
functions to manipulate the buffer anyway.
If you use GL_BYTE type, you can manipulate a buffer as a conventional
string, but for different types (GL_SHORT, GL_FLOAT, etc) you need
special functions.

-- waldemar