erik@hougaard.com (Erik Hougaard) wrote:
> So just like many other environment - run/build in debug mode or release
> mode without having to change the source

If you mean take away the ability to control it from within lua, I don't
agree. I'm working on a development environment *within* lua and I need
to be able to control which parts are in debug mode (including source
compiled at runtime using dostring()) from within lua.

That said, I'd prefer a call like debug(1) instead of $debug.
This way it can be over-ridden.

Steve