----- Original Message -----
From: "Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo" <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
To: "Multiple recipients of list" <lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2000 11:31 PM
Subject: do you use the pre-processor?

> More precisely, we'd keep $debug, $nodebug, $endinput, but would remove
> $if, $else, $end. So, the pre-processor would be back to its old self of
> simply a set of pragmas that have immediate effect.

Sounds good to me!

Actually I would like to get rid of $debug and $nodebug also. Reason: Doing
debug has more to do with the environment than the source, so I would
prefeer to be able to set debug information in the environment. Also when
working with multiple sources it gets wierd to keep track of $debug in
strange places.

So just like many other environment - run/build in debug mode or release
mode without having to change the source

/Erik