On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 07:38:36PM -0300, Fred Bertsch wrote:

| How about starting it with "comment = [[" and ending with "]]".  That's
| what I usually do...

That's a good idea, but it doesn't work well in some cases.  At least
I don't see a way to make it work in a situation I encounter often
while debugging my renderer.  I use $if, $end to comment out sections
of large data arrays (vertex and polygon lists to be precise) to try
to locate regions of the data were a problem is occuring.  For that
purpose "comment = [[...]]" doesn't work because (I believe) there's
no valid syntax that allows it to be put it in the middle of table
constructor consisting of a list of objects.  So unless there's
another trick I'm missing I still think a block comment delimiter
would be helpful.  That is in the absence of $if, $end of course.

Dave

--
Algorithmic Arts Inc., Tokyo, Japan
www:    http://www.algorithmic.com/